- Multimedia and the Semantic Web
- Multimedia analysis and ontology-based annotations
- Knowledge-based, context aware inference for semantic multimedia analysis
- Scalable multimedia semantic metadata representation and content transmission
- Semantic adaptation, personalization and retrieval for multimedia
Call for Tutorial proposals is closed.
The SAMT 2006 Program Committee invites proposals for the Tutorial Program of SAMT 2006, the First International Conference on Semantics And digital Media Technology, to be held December 6-8, 2006, in Athens, Greece. Tutorials will be held on Wednesday, December 6, 2006.
The First International Conference on Semantics And digital Media Technology (SAMT) targets to narrow the large disparity between the lowlevel descriptors that can be computed automatically from multimedia content and the richness and subjectivity of semantics in user queries and human interpretations of audiovisual media - The Semantic Gap.
The purpose of the tutorials is to provide both postgraduate students and general interested audience the latest research work and progress in the field of the Multimedia and the Semantic Web, so that the audience has the opportunity to gain deeper insight into the challenges related to multimedia semantics and the increasingly emerging applications relying on multimedia understanding. We seek therefore high quality proposals for tutorials about topics related to the conference, and particulary one of the following areas:
Tutorial proposals should be no more than 2 pages in length and should contain the following information (note that Tutorials will be 1/2 day long):
- The title and brief technical description of the tutorial, specifying the goals and the technical content that it will focus on.
- A brief description of why and to whom the tutorial is of interest, i.e. the tutorial audience.
- A list of related tutorials/courses/lectures held in the last 3 years, or to be held in 2006.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed organizing committee and short description of their relevant experience.
Tutorial attendees must pay the SAMT 2006 tutorial registration fee, as well as the conference registration fee.
Please send your proposals by May 22, 2006 and any inquiries by email to and . Tutorial proposals may be submitted in any format, Word, text or PDF.
|Tutorial Proposals Due:||May 22nd, 2006|
|Notification of Proposals Acceptance:||June 16th, 2006|
|Tutorial Day:||December 6th, 2006|
|SAMT'06 Technical Program:||December 7th-8th, 2006|