- To present explorations regarding future emerging technologies, showing different approaches to solve some new research
- To present original and valuable research results in the larger context in which they have been achieved, e.g., an EU R&D project.
- To present a set of technologies that definitively solves an existing problem, or that is constrained to a specific application domain
Call for Technical Special Sessions proposals is closed.
The SAMT 2006 Program Committee invites proposals for the Technical Special Sessions Program of SAMT 2006, the First International Conference on Semantics and digital Media Technology, to be held December 6-8, 2006, in Athens, Greece.
SAMT 2006 Technical Special Sessions are aimed to cover case-studies and technical and scientific advances. Each special session will have some specific objective, for example:
Other objectives can also be proposed by the Sessions chair.
Each Technical Special Session is expected to have from 5 to 8 papers and at least one author for each paper must register for the conference and present the paper during the session.
All papers at SAMT 2006 including papers solicited for special sessions undergo the same rigorous reviewing process by anonymous and independent reviewers. If after the reviewing process less than 4 papers solicited for a special session are selected, the Special Session will be cancelled, and the solicited papers that passed reviewing will be presented within the main technical track of the conference. Special Session papers will be published together with regular papers in the conference proceedings.
Proposals for Technical Special Sessions must include:
- Title of the Special Sessions
- Rationale of the need and objective of the session
- Session outline
- Specific topics of interest
- Contact information for the Special Session chair(s)
- Short biography of the Special Session chair(s)
- List of contributed papers, including title, abstract and author names, affiliations and contact information
Proposals for Technical Special Sessions should be submitted to before May 1, 2006. Prospective organizers are strongly encouraged to contact in advance. Notification of acceptance of proposals is scheduled for May 16, 2006, while paper submission and review schedule is the same as for regular papers.
|Technical Special Sessions proposals Due:||May 15, 2006|
|Notification of proposals acceptance:||May 22, 2006|
|Regular Paper Submission:||June 16, 2006|
|Notification of Acceptance:||August 11, 2006|
|Camera-Ready Paper Due||September 11, 2006|
|Early registration fee:||October 9, 2006|
|SAMT '06 Technical Program:||December 6-8, 2006|